What waiting lists are currently open?

All Family, Elderly & Disabled Public Housing waiting lists are open. The centralized Section 8 waiting list is open. You may put your name on the Centralized Waiting List by using the website: 
www.section8listmass.org or call toll-free 1-877-868-0040.

How do I apply for Housing Programs?

You can pick up an application for housing at the Framingham Housing Administrative Office, 1 John J. Brady Drive, during normal business hours. We suggest you call first to confirm that we are accepting applications for the waiting list you wish to apply for. You may download an application off our website or you may call and have one mailed to you. 

Can I look at a unit before I apply?

The Framingham Housing Authority does not keep units open for viewing. Our maintenance staff works hard to renovate units as quickly as possible so the next person on our list can be offered. Once you apply and your name comes to the top of the list, you will be made a written offer of a specific unit. At that time, you can call to schedule an appointment to view the unit.

Whom do I call if something isn’t working properly in my apartment?

Contact the maintenance department during regular business hours at 508-872-0422. Tell them your problem and a work order will be written up.

What do I do if I want to add a member to my lease?

Notify the office and request a form to add a member to your lease.

How will I know when the waiting list opens?

The Framingham Housing Authority advertises the opening of waiting lists in the Metro-West Daily News and posts the opening at the Administrative Office.

What are your hours of operation?

The Framingham Housing Authority Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM.

How long is the wait for housing?

The wait on each list varies, and it is impossible to give anything but an estimated amount of time. It is best that you ask this question at the time you return your application so we can try to give you an estimated answer based on the current waiting list.

When is the rent due?

The rent is due the first of the month.

Can I park my car in the development?

The car must be registered to a Framingham Housing Authority resident at their specific address. The car must also have an FHA sticker. This can be obtained at the FHA office. All other vehicles will be ticketed or towed. All visitors must park in the visitor lot.

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close